top of page
Welcome to NATESOL
A community of English language practitioners and learners sharing research and experiences through in-person and online events
- Wed, 29 NovWebinarHow to provide an inclusive environment for Autistic learners with, waiting for or without an autism diagnosis.29 Nov 2023, 16:00 – 17:15 GMTWebinarIn this session we will look briefly at the social model of disability and the diagnosis process in England. We will then focus on the challenges Autistic students may face and the ways we can all help make things more inclusive and accessible.
- Wed, 08 NovWebinar08 Nov 2023, 16:00 – 17:20 GMTWebinarThis talk shows a simple and systematic way to deconstruct texts to extract teachable content for students.
- Wed, 14 JunWebinar14 Jun 2023, 16:00 – 17:15 BSTWebinarI will discuss the role of corpus linguistics in language education, outline the opportunities it affords language teaching and learning, and signal the challenges we face when using corpora for English language teaching. I will also discuss some useful tools that you can use to work with corpora.
- Sat, 29 AprWebinar29 Apr 2023, 10:00 BST – 30 Apr 2023, 11:45 BSTWebinarFor many international students of English, perceptions of the language and its speakers are still intrinsically tied to outdated and unrealistic notions of prestige native speaker models. This, however, is at odds with modern English which is a global, diverse, and dynamic language.
- Wed, 29 MarWebinar29 Mar 2023, 16:00 BST – 30 Mar 2023, 17:15 BSTWebinarThis presentation will draw on research from the UK EAP field, TESOL and projects related to international English language testing to discuss what is good and bad about digital language assessment and to pose more questions about what is yet to be decided.
- Tue, 21 MarVirtual event21 Mar 2023, 19:00 – 22 Mar 2023, 19:00Virtual eventThis year’s conference brings together TESOL practitioners to share effective and/or innovative classroom practice and how it is informed by research into Language Acquisition or other TESOL areas. Please send us your proposals for conference contributions before 20th March.
- Sat, 04 FebWebinar04 Feb 2023, 10:00 – 11:45 GMTWebinarWriting is an essential tool for EAL learners to develop in the mainstream and they must master a wide range of written genres to be successful at school. Research conducted in the UK has shown that EAL learners face certain difficulties with writing at whole text, sentence, and word level.
- Sat, 10 DecWebinar10 Dec 2022, 10:00 – 11:30 GMTWebinarLearning English and joining a class is quite often the first task for newly arrived immigrants into the UK. Many people usually access ESOL classes for their jobs, visa, citizenship or more generally their lives in the UK....A more reflective, creative approach to language learning is needed.
- Sat, 08 OctWebinar08 Oct 2022, 10:00 – 11:30 BSTWebinarThe interaction between ELT and the global climate emergency has been moving up the agenda of our community in recent years, and this talk will look at ways that the 21st century skills can help our learners engage with the crisis.
- Sat, 09 JulWebinar09 Jul 2022, 10:00 BST – 10 Jul 2022, 11:45 BSTWebinarIt is without question that EFL/ESL teachers should look to teach phrases as opposed to merely individual words, but this brings to mind the following questions: How should we teach collocations, implicitly and explicitly, to make meaning clear? What are the best methods? All this and more!
- Sat, 14 MayVia Zoom14 May 2022, 10:00 – 14:00 BSTVia ZoomThe conference aims to provide a space for practitioners from all TESOL contexts to come together to share ideas, examples of practice, research, and discussion around the shape of TESOL as it is and as we want it to be.
- Sat, 26 MarWebinar26 Mar 2022, 10:00 – 11:55 GMTWebinarIn this talk, we will look at some of the reasons why you might want to take on a management role, some of the skills that you will need, how you might acquire them, and some routes that you might take. Also we will look at some of the challenges you might expect to face in moving into management.
- Sat, 13 NovOnline Webinar13 Nov 2021, 10:00 – 11:45 GMTOnline WebinarIn this webinar, we will begin by questioning the purpose and position of EAP in the curriculum. Drawing on practical and insightful case studies, Bee will outline the impact that ignoring language(s) in the curriculum can have on both students and staff.
Home: Events List
Read our Blog
Home: Blog Feed
To find out more about what we do, membership or about any of our events, please send us a message!
bottom of page